Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas time



Ok, I am a serious slacker when it comes to this blogging thing! I love reading what is going on with everyone else, but as far as me actually writing something I think I am the biggest failure ever!

With Christmas just around the corner, I had so many big plans for exactly what we would do.  Images of a warm fire in the fireplace, a perfectly decorated tree, the smell of cookies wafting through the air- all off the postcard Christmas thoughts were rushing through my head. Unfortunately, the only thing on that list that has happened so far is the fire in the fireplace! That I attribute entirely to my wonderful husband bringing wood in and starting the fire to help keep us warm and toasty in this cold weather!

Last night, I was feeling like a complete failure.  I went to my mom’s house where everything is perfectly decorated, clean, and I made some homemade pizza (YUM!)  Then, I came home to my messy house where the tree is still in the box! 
I decided that this needed to change.  I woke up early and started working on getting the house clean so that we could set up the tree. (Yes, it is going to be covered with blue bulbs for my amazing husband!)  I also started working out baking cookies and finally getting Christmas cards put together.  Feeling like a little bit better wife, I decided to sit down and wait ‘til the kiddos wake up before I make too much more noise.

This year, we have so much to be grateful for.  Our absolutely perfect little boy is healthy and strong.  He is growing well and has NO evidence that he came into this world in such a rough way!  I may have been really sick with his pregnancy, but he is the happiest, most wonderful baby boy ever.  He has four little teeth growing, he can roll over, and his smile is continually lighting up the room.
Olivia is growing up.  She is intuitive, creative, smart, and the funniest person I have ever met. She daily says things that surprise us with smiles.  She brings so much joy into our home and reminds us the wonderful blessings that come with being an eternal family.
Tyson, who has been working so hard for so long, is finally seeing the fruit of his labors.  He was sworn in at the Sherriff’s Office this last week.  He has been working since September to be certified with them, so this was a huge thing!  His law school applications are in. Now we are playing the waiting game.  We are seeing our future coming together beautifully.
I am finally feeling better after having Carson.  The lingering effects of pregnancy are slowly diminishing.  I am blessed to be able to stay home and take care of our children and create a home filled with love and warmth for my husband.  I am blessed to raise the two most beautiful children and shower an amazing man with love.
We even have a wonderful kitty who is not only patient with Olivia trying to pack it around the house and Carson trying to eat it’s tail, but also comes abundant with loves and purrs.

Although I haven’t been able to get on top of the decorations and parties just yet, I am so grateful that the real spirit of Christmas has been here in our home.  There is so much love and friendship.  Livie knows the story of Jesus being born. She knows that we are going to ‘Have a party for His birthday’.  I am grateful for that incredible sacrifice and blessing of His life.  I am grateful for this time of year where everything points to Him.  I am grateful for the knowledge that my Savior loves me and I am SO thankful for this wonderful life that He has sent.
I pray that as Christmas quickly approaches that we will be able to keep that divine spirit in our home through the presents and Santa.  I pray that we will be able to feel those things that really matter and remember our Savior always.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment