Thursday, June 30, 2011

Crazy life!

So, since everyone we know has a blog, I decided that we would give it a try.  Maybe it'll help people know what's going on since I'm so terrible at communicating lately!

Things have really been crazy the last year!  We were married in September and shortly after that, my parent's house burnt down.  That in and of itself has taken a lot of time and effort on everyone's part to try to fix! They started moving in yesterday to their beautiful new home.  I think that my parents are beside themselves excited.  My dad wanted to pitch a tent in the back yard so that he could kind of move in last week! My mom made him wait and tonight should be their first night sleeping in the new abode.

Tyson has been working diligently trying to get ready for law school. This last semester, he founded a Criminology Society.  All of his hard work has really paid off.  There has been SUCH a great turnout!  There are many people coming and they have been able to do a lot of really neat activities.  I'm so proud of him! He's learned a lot and I'm sure it will really benefit him when he goes to apply for school in the fall.
We just have one semester left then he will be done with his undergrad work.  Then we get to jump into another four years!  Good thing he really enjoys learning!

Olivia is growing really big as usual.  She is talking up a storm at our house!  It is really fun but some days she uses it to try to be the boss over everyone.  We're working on using kind words and saying please.
We were walking to church the other day and she ran ahead of us yelling 'I'll meet you there! I'm going this way!'  This would have been great but her way included a street.  It was funny having an actual conversation with her about where she was heading.  Eventually she heeded our advice and said 'Ok, I'll go this way. See you' and bounded off towards the church building.
She's getting excited to have another baby in the house.  She doesn't understand what is going on as much as I wish she could.  All she knows is that her cousin Azzia is a big sister and she has a baby in the house.  Now Livie REALLY wants to be a big sister so that she can have a baby, too! I think she'll do really well with it.  She's pretty easy going and isn't really possessive over anyone but grandpa. :) Even then, she is usually willing to share as long as she still gets a hug and a kiss.

Our pregnancy is going really well right now.  The throwing up has come to a bearable level.  I'm off of a fair portion of my medicines and I'm not on a PICC line anymore.  It is SO nice to not have to go all nine months being horribly sick!
The swelling in my legs has leveled out.  If we keep an eye on it, I shouldn't have to go on bed rest for at least a while.  That is such a big blessing! I don't know what we would do if I had to just lay on the couch all day!
The only real complications that we're having right now is a difficulty with my blood sugar regulating itself and the baby getting too big.  When we went in last week I was measuring at 40 cm.  The doctor said that a lot of that is how I'm carrying him, but that he's still pretty nice size. We're excited for an ultrasound in a few weeks to check on him and make sure that everything is ok.
He's really active, so I'm sure that he is just a big baby that is sitting all out in front. :)

I'm doing well.  We just moved into a house in Menan. It is SO nice to have a yard! The house is really nice sized and laid out really well for our little family.   I have really enjoyed being able to play as loud as I want to (not worrying about the neighbors upstairs trying to take a nap) and being able to let Olivia loose in the yard while I do homework.  It has been a lot of fun!  We also have been blessed with a play room.  It is AMAZING how much easier it is to keep an eye on Livie when she has a room that she can't get into trouble in!

Basically, life is pretty good for all of us.  There are always little bumps, but we are grateful for where we are and where we are going.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited that you got a blog :) sounds like there have been some fun moments lately!

    ReplyDelete